What would you ask if you had 10 minutes of face-to-face time with a local business icon?
On Thursday, August 9, Metro EDGE members will gather along with 11 of the region’s most successful businesspeople for some quality time and intimate questions.
“The idea is to give our members the chance to ask those who’ve succeeded just what advice they might have for someone starting out or in mid-career,” said Jennifer Tencati, 2012 Metro EDGE Professional Development Committee Chair. “It’s a great opportunity to learn first-hand from those who’ve risen to the top about just how they got there.”
The lineup of executives for 2012 includes:
- Christi Black :: Executive Vice President, Edelman
- Michelle Bouchard :: President, HealthCorps®
- Roger Dreyer :: Partner, Dreyer Babich Buccola Wood Campora, LLP
- Gordon Fowler :: President and CEO, 3fold Communications
- Yvonne M. Glenn :: Owner and Chief Executive Officer, Trofholz Technologies, Inc.
- Ginger Elizabeth Hahn :: Owner, Ginger Elizabeth Chocolates
- Vincent Johnson :: Chief Operating Officer, UC Davis Medical Center
- Dr. Sandra Kirschenmann :: Associate Vice Provost, Drexel University Sacramento Center for Graduate Studies
- Mike O’Brien :: Owner and Publisher, Sacramento Magazines Corporation
- Supervisor Susan Peters :: Sacramento County Board of Supervisors, District 3
- Fred Teichert :: Executive Director, Teichert Foundation
Metro EDGE received very positive feedback from attendees and executives alike who participated in 2011’s inaugural Executive Insight event.
“Last year people really felt like they gained something useful to further them as individuals and further their careers. That is exactly what Metro EDGE wants to do for its membership,” said Sean O’Brien, 2012 Metro EDGE Chair.
“There was an amazing energy in the room. Both the EDGErs and Executives really seemed to connect in a really honest way. There was no holding back and it made for a genuinely valuable experience for all involved,” he said.
Becky Johnson, Director of Public Affairs at Siemens, was one of the executives featured in the 2011 event. “I had an absolute blast chatting with many EDGErs at the Executive Insight event. It was an honor to be among such an esteemed group of leaders,” she wrote in a guest blog post following the event.
Sponsored by Sacramento Magazine, Ginger Elizabeth Chocolate, Drexel University, and Hyatt Regency Sacramento, this year’s event promises to be just as valuable as last year’s. Because it’s a members-only function, young professionals aged 40 and under are encouraged to join Metro EDGE and attend!
There will be lots to learn throughout the evening. One thing the invited executives are sure to leave with is, after meeting the Metro EDGE membership, that the future of this region is bright.